SSC MTS Notification 2019 has been released on April 22, 2019. The exam will be conducted in two stages – Paper 1 (CBT) and Paper 2 (PBT). This year, Paper 1 is scheduled from August 2 – September 6 while Paper 2 will be held on November 17, 2019. एसएससी एमटीएस के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
Latest: SSC MTS Application Form 2019 is available at ssc.nic.in from April 22 – May 29, 2019. Apply Here
- Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must have passed class 10. Check SSC MTS Eligibility
- General/OBC and EWS category candidates have to pay INR 100 application fee while reserved categories and females are exempted from fee payment.
- Paper 1 consists of objective type questions while Paper 2is a descriptive paper. Check SSC MTS Exam Pattern
- Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine the merit of the candidate to appear for document verification process. Check SSC MTS Cut off
SSC MTS Recruitment 2019 will be conducted by Staff Selection Commission for Multi-tasking Staff post in various government departments and offices. The multi-tasking staff is a general central service group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post that falls under Payband-1 (Rs.5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay Rs.1800. SSC MTS salary comes to be around Rs.18000- Rs.22000. Check Selection Process
SSC MTS Recruitment 2019
The highlights about the exam have been tabulated below:
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Both Online and Offline|
|Minimum Eligibility||10th Pass|
|Medium of Examination||Hindi/English|
|Expected Registration||70 lakhs|
|Number of Seats||10000 seats (expected)|
SSC MTS Dates 2019
SSC MTS 2019 exam dates have been released. Candidates can take a look at the exam schedule tabulated below:
|SSC MTS Notification Pdf releases on||April 22, 2019|
|Last date of apply online for SSC MTS 2019||May 29, 2019|
|Last day to pay SSC MTS Application fees||Online – May 31, 2019 (upto 5:00 PM)Offline – June 1, 2019 (till banking hours)|
|Availability of SSC MTS Admit Card (Paper 1)||3 weeks prior to exam|
|SSC MTS Paper 1||August 2 to September 6, 2019|
|SSC MTS Paper 1 Result||Last week of September|
|SSC MTS Paper 2||November 17, 2019|
|SSC MTS Final Results||December 2019|
SSC MTS Eligibility 2019 – Age Limit and Qualifications
Candidates who aspire to appear for the exam should check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The basic eligibility for SSC MTS 2019 is as follows-
Educational Qualifications– Minimum 10th pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general)- Upto 5 years relaxation
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general)- Up to 3 years relaxation
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST)- Up to 5 years relaxation
- PH (OBC) – Up to 8 years
- PH (SC/ST) – up to 10 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC)- up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- up to 8 years
Note: Date of birth which has been recorded in the senior secondary education will be taken into consideration.
Nationality – Must be a citizen of India or should belong to Bhutan and Nepal.
SSC MTS Application Form 2019
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
- Look for the tab “Notice”. Click on the tab and search “application form”.
- Read the pre-instructions carefully.
- Complete the process of registration by providing the details of a phone number, email id and name.
Step 2: Filling SSC MTS Online Form 2019
- Log in to the system with the details of the registration number and password.
- Complete the details of education related to class X, XII and graduation (whichever is applicable).
- Upload the marks obtained in percentage.
- Provide the details of father’s name, mother’s name and set up a security question as per your choice from the drop-down.
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Once all the educational qualification has been successfully filled, then upload the scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- The size of the photograph and signature must not be more than 50KBs and 20KBs respectively.
- The photograph must be colored one with a light background and signature must be done in the running handwriting.
- Application fee has to be paid according to the category details.
- Payment can be done by BHIM UPI/Netbanking/credit/ debit card or e-challan.
- A confirmation mail will be sent once the application fee has been paid.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
Candidates can make application fee payment via debit/credit and/or SBI challan. The fee once paid will not be refunded.
SSC MTS Admit Card 2019
SSC MTS 2019 Admit Card is issued on the official regional websites 3 weeks prior the date of examination. The notification for the same will be released on the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam center. Here are a few steps to download it-
- Log onto the regional website of SSC (as per your region).
- Click on the link given to download SSC Multi-tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Admit Card.
- Fill in your registration number and ID along with captcha code.
- The hall ticket will appear on your computer screen.
- Check and Verify all the details and download it.
The candidates must go through the admit card and in case there are any printing mistakes should immediately contact the office.
List of SSC MTS Exam Centers 2019
Candidates can choose their SSC MTS 2019 Exam Centers according to their preference. The candidates must select the centers carefully as no change of centers of Examination will be allowed under any circumstances.
SSC MTS 2019 Paper Pattern
The paper pattern for SSC MTS saw a change in previous year session of the exam.
- The exam consists of two papers i.e. paper I & paper 2.
- Paper I is an objective type paper in which 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
- Paper II is a descriptive type of exam in which a short essay has to be written in English or any other language. Elementary language skills are judged.
Exam pattern paper 1:
|Sections||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam For Handicap Students|
|A||General intelligence & reasoning||25||25||90 minutes||120 minutes|
Exam pattern paper 2:
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicap Students|
|Short essay/letter in English or any other language included in the 8thschedule of the constitution||50 marks||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2019
SSC MTS comprises of 2 Papers. For Paper 1, candidates have to study the following sections:
- Reasoning ability
- Numerical aptitude
- English Language
- General awareness
While for Paper 2, candidates must be thorough with the English essay writing and letter writing skills.
Following are the topics and their weightage that a candidate must consider.
SSC MTS Syllabus – Reasoning ability
|Chapters||Number of questions|
|Arranging word in meaningful order||1-2|
|Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||5-6|
SSC MTS Syllabus – Numerical aptitude
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1-2|
|Problem on Age||0-1|
|Speed distance and time||2-3|
|Profit and loss||5-7|
|Time and work||1-3|
SSC MTS Syllabus – English Language
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Reading comprehension||5 (1 passage)|
|Fill in the blanks||10|
|Phrases or idioms||3|
|One word substitution||5|
SSC MTS Syllabus – General awareness
|Topics||No. Of Questions|
How to Check SSC MTS Result 2019?
Result for SSC MTS 2019 will be declared in two stages. Candidates who will secure the cut off as per their category prescribed by SSC in paper 1 will be called for paper 2.
Candidates will be provided an appointment letter to the post of multitasking staff as per their ranks in the merit list. Follow the steps below to check the SSC MTS Result 2019:
- Log onto the official website – ssc.nic.in
- Click on the RESULTS option available on the top right corner of the page.
- Select your region and the name of the examination for which you want to see the result.
- The results will appear in a PDF format. The candidates whose roll numbers are in the list will be called for the 2nd paper.
- Save the PDF document for future use.
SSC MTS Cut off 2019
The cut off for SSC MTS 2019 will be released by SSC along with the declaration of results and it will be published region wise.
Here is the cut off of previous year for reference-
|Daman and Diu||62.00||45.00||45.00||45.00|
|Gujarat, Dadar and Nagar Haveli||62.00||45.00||57.50||57.50|
|Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry||84.00||78.50||72.75||72.75|
SSC MTS Selection Process 2019
SSC MTS Selection Process 2019 will be a two stage procedure. Candidates will have to clear Paper 1 to proceed to the next stage which is Paper 2.
- After the declaration of Paper 1 result, a list of qualifying candidates will be out.
- Those who qualify, according to the SSC MTS 2019 Cut Off, will appear for paper 2 – descriptive paper.
- The descriptive paper is qualifying in nature, it’s marks will not be added while preparing final merit list.
- Post declaration of paper 2 result, candidates who qualify are called for Document Verification Process.
Given below is the list of documents that are to be carried at the time of document verification for SSC MTS Selection Process 2019.
- Qualification Certificates
- Proof of Identity (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID etc.)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate for the Reserved Category Candidates
- Proof of Residence
Q1. How can I apply for the SSC MTS 2019 exam?
You can apply online for the exam on the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in.
Q2. What is the selection process of the SSC MTS 2019 exam?
SSC MTS 2019 will be conducted in two stages- paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is qualifying in nature while Paper 2 will determine merit of the candidate to appear for document verification process.
Q3. When will the registration for SSC MTS 2019 exam start?
The registration for the SSC MTS recruitment 2019 will start from April 22, 2019.
Q4. What is the last date of application for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
The last date of application for SSC MTS 2019 exam is May 29, 2019.
Q5. When will be the SSC MTS 2019 exam held?
Paper 1 of the SSC MTS exam will be conducted from August 2 – September 6, 2019 and Paper-2 will be held on November 17, 2019.
Q6. When will the admit cards for the exam release?
The admit cards for the Paper 1 for SSC MTS exam will be released in July 2019 and admit cards for Paper 2 will be released in October, 2019.
Q7. What is the eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
A candidate must be a citizen of India, Bhutan or Nepal. Other than this, a candidate must have passed 10th from a recognized board.
Q8. What is the minimum and maximum age limit for applying SSC MTS 2019 exam?
The minimum age limit for applying for SSC MTS 2019 exam is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years. However, relaxations in age limit are given to various reserved category which is as follows-
- SC/ST and Domiciled in the state of J&K (general) – 30 years
- OBC and Ex-servicemen (general) – 28 years
- PH (GEN) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (SC/ST) – 35 years
- PH (OBC) – 38 years
- PH (SC/ST) – 40 years
- Ex-servicemen (OBC) – 29 years
- Ex-servicemen (SC/ST) and Domiciled in the state of J&K (OBC)- 33 years
Q9. What is the application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
The application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam is Rs 100.
Q10. Is there any relaxation in fee for SC candidates?
Yes, the SC/ST candidates and females are exempted from paying any application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam.
Q11. How can I submit my application fee for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
You can submit the application fee via BHIM UPI/Netbanking/debit/credit card and SBI challan.
Q12. What can be the possible designations under SSC MTS?
The possible designations can be Peon, Dafatry, Jamadar, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator etc.
Q13. Can I apply for any other state other than my home state?
Yes, you can apply for vacancies in any state.
Q14. Do I need to know the local language of the state that I am applying for?
No, it is not necessary to know the regional language of the state but it can prove an advantage.
Q15. What is the exam pattern for Paper-I of SSC MTS 2019?
The Paper-I will have 100 multiple choice questions and the paper will be divided into four parts i.e. General Intelligence & reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. The General Intelligence & reasoning section and Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness will have 25 Questions of 25 marks each. The composite time for the paper is 90 minutes.
Q16. What is the exam pattern for Paper-II in SSC MTS 2019?
Only students who will qualify the Paper-I will have to appear for the Paper-II. Paper-II is a descriptive which will include Short essay/letter writing in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution. It will be of 50 marks and a candidate will be given 30 minutes for writing the paper.
Q17. When will the result for the exam declare?
The result of Paper-I will declare in October, 2019 and the final result dates will release soon.
Q18. Will I get the answer key for SSC MTS 2019 exam?
Yes, SSC will release the answer key for the SSC MTS 2019 after the exam.
Q19. What was the SSC MTS cutoff for UP candidates in 2017?
The cut off for UP candidates was 102.25 for General, 99.00 for OBC, 97.75 for SC and 77.50 for ST.
Q20. What was the SSC MTS cut off for Delhi candidates in 2017?
The cutoff for Delhi candidates was 93.5 for General, 83.25 for OBC, 92.50 for SC and 71.25 for ST.