Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CHSL to recruit candidates for the posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC) and Court Clerk in various departments and ministries of government of India.
- SSC CHSL Application Form 2019 is available on the official website from March 5, 2019.
- Candidates can apply in online mode only.Last day to apply for the exam is April 4, 2019.
- The exam is conducted in three tiers – Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Tier 1 is an objective type computer-based exam while Tier 2 is a descriptive exam held in pen and paper mode.
- Tier 3 of the exam is a skill test/typing test.
- The Tier 1 of the exam is scheduled from July 1 – 26, 2019 in online mode across 9 regions in India.
- Candidates quaifying in Tier 1 of the exam will have to appear in Tier 2.
- Tier 3 is only a qualifying exam. The SSC CHSL Syllabus is based on the topics covered in 10+2 standard.
Latest Update: Staff Selection Commission has decided to Normalize the scores for all its examinations that are held in multiple shifts to ensure fairness and equity in comparison of candidates’ performances.
SSC CHSL 2019 Vacancies
The tentative vacancies in SSC CHSL 2019 for the posts namely, LDC, PA/SA and DEO counts upto 3259.
- Lower Divisional Clerk: 898 vacancies
- Postal Assistant: 2359 vacancies
- Data Entry Operator: 2 vacancies
Pay Scale of the Posts:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator(DEO): Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) and
- Data Entry Operator Grade ‘A’: Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised).
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (SSC CHSL)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Test|
|Exam Date||July 1 – 26, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have cleared 10+2 board|
|Mode of Application||Online at ssconline.nic.in|
|Exam Mode||Tier 1- Online (CBT)Tier 2- Offline (Descriptive paper)Tier 3- Skill Based Test (Typing Test)|
|Duration||Tier 1: 60 minutes; Tier 2: 60 minutes; Tier 3: 15 minutes|
SSC CHSL 2019 Important Dates
Candidates who aspire to start their career right after completing the higher secondary education, can apply for SSC CHSL 2019. Find the exam dates in the table below:
|Official Notification out on||March 5, 2019|
|Availability of Application Form||March 5, 2019|
|Last Date of the submission of the Application Form||April 4, 2019|
|Last date for submission of Application Fee||April 7, 2019 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|Availability of Admit Card||June, 2019|
|SSC CHSL Exam 2019 Date (Tier 1)||July 1 – 26, 2019|
|Announcement of the result (Tier 1)||August, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card (Tier 2)||September, 2019|
|SSC CHSL Exam 2019 Date (Tier 2)||September 29, 2019|
|Final Result||To be announced soon.|
SSC CHSL 2019 Eligibility
Before applying for the recuitment exam candidates must make sure that they fulfill eligibility criteria laid down by SSCas only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or should belong to Nepal/ Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 to settle in India permanently.
Educational Criteria: must have cleared or appearing class 12 or its equivalent from a recognized educational board or University.
Age Criteria: Age must be between 18 – 27 years as on August 1, 2019, however, certain reserved category candidates can claim for reservation according to the Indian government norms.
The age relaxation will be provided as follows:
- For SC/ST – 5 Years
- For OBCs – 3 Years
- For PH – 10 Years
- For PH + OBC – 13 Years
- For PH + SC/ST – 15 Years
SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form
The Application Form will be available from March 5, 2019. Intersted candidates can register for Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination on the official website of SSC.
Follow the steps given below to fill SSC CHSL Application Form 2019:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to ssconline.nic.in.
- Click on the link provided for CHSL stating “Click here to Apply”
- Read the instructions and move on to the registration page.
- Fill in basic details such as Name, Father’s Name, class 10 roll number, DoB and Gender.
- Enter verification text and submit the details.
A registration ID and password will be generated. Keep it safe for future use.
Step 2: Uploading Documents
After registration, upload scanned image of recent passport size photograph and signature in JPG format.
- Passport Size Photograph Size: 20 kb to 50 kb
- Signature: 10 kb to 20 kb
Step 3: Fill SSC CHSL Application Form 2019
The registration process completes after uploading images. Fill the application form by entering communication details, educational details, etc.
Fill in post preferences out of the following:
- Lower Divisional Clerk- 898 vacancies
- Postal Assistant- 2359 vacancies
- Data entry Operator- 2 vacancies
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
Application fees of INR 100 has to be paid via online and offline mode for final submission of SSC CHSL Application Form 2019. Applicants can remit the fee in online mode till April 7 ( 5:00 PM) and in offline mode till April 9 during bank’s working hours. However, the challan can be downloaded till April 7 ( 5:00 PM) only.
Online Mode: Use BHIM UPI, SBI Net Banking or by using Visa/ Mastercard/ Maestro Credit/ Debit card
Offline Mode: Download SBI Challan from the web portal and pay and submit in any SBI Bank branch during working hours.
Note: Female candidates and candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwD, Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
Take out the printed copy of the SSC CHSL Application Form 2019 after successful submission.
SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card
SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card for Tier 1 will be available on the regional website of Staff Selection Commission. The admit cardwill be available in the month of June 2019, a week before the exam.
- The hall ticket is required at the time of entering the exam center.
- The commission releases admit card separately for each tier. Only Tier 1 qualifiers can download Tier 2 admit card.
- There are 9 regions, admit card for each region can be obtained from the official website as per the region preference.
- Candidates can download SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card from the regional SSC website.
- To access SSC CHSL Admit Card use Registration Id, Date of Birth and Roll Number.
- The admit card will be in the .pdf form
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Centers
SSC CHSL 2019 will be held across 9 regions in multiple cities. The exam centers are located in the following states:
|Andman and Nicobar||Karnataka||Kerala|
|Mizoram||Andhra Pradesh||Tamil Nadu|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Himachal Pradesh||Punjab|
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
Aspirants can start making preparation strategy in accordance to the examination pattern for a better performance. Below is the brief of SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be conducted in three stages- Tier 1(Computer Based Test), Tier 2 (Written Test) and Tier 3 (Skill Based Test)
- Tier 1 will comprise 100 MCQs to be completed in 60 minutes.
- Tier 2 will have questions on essay or letter writing to be completed in 60 minutes’ time.
- The next stage i.e. Tier 3 will be a skill based test for selected candidates.
1/4th marks of the total marks allotted to the question will be deducted as penalty for every wrong answer in Tier 1 exam.
Have a glance at all the stages of SSC CHSL exam along with the modes in which they will be conducted.
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier 2||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier 3||Skill Test/ Typing Test||Wherever Applicable|
The detailed SSC CHSL Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Components||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Exam duration||60 Minutes||60 Minutes|
|Language Mode||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Negative marking||0.50 for each wrong attempt||NO|
Tier 3 exam will be skill based test where typing and data entry speed is analyzed of the prospective candidates:
- Typing Test: For English, typing speed of 35 words per minute is required, For Hindi, typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory. Typing test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. Skill test is conducted for Data Entry Operator post.
SSC CHSL 2019 Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier 1 has four sections – General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. Detailed syllabus for each section is given below:
General Awareness Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- This Section covers all general awareness of the environment and its surrounding.
- Read all topics which relates to everyday science
- You Must have good knowledge about India and its neighboring countries which means knowledge of (Culture, History, General Science, Geography and Scientific Research)
General Intelligence and Reasoning: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Series Completion, Coding-Decoding
- Blood Relations, Alphabets Test
- Sitting Arrangement, Ranking Test, Syllogism, etc
Quantitative Aptitude Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Basic Mathematics, Trigonometry
- Geometry, Statistics
English Language Section: 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension passage, etc
Best Books for SSC CHSL 2019
SSC CHSL 2019 will primarily entail questions of 10+2 standard syllabus set by CBSE. However, for better preparation here are some Recommended Books for SSC CHSL 2019:
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal||8121905516|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey||8190458914|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Tata McGraw Hill||0070151954|
|Quick learning Objective General English||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal||8121915317|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal||8121924987|
|Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra||8190458922|
|Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English and Hindi)||Malayalam Manorama||–|
SSC CHSL 2019 Result
SSC CHSL 2019 Result is declared separately for each tier. The result can be accessed from the official website or regional SSC website. The commission releases the result in the form of merit list. Given below are the steps to download SSC CHSL 2019 Result.
- Visit the official site – ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the link “SSC CHSL 2019 Results”
- Download the result in the PDF file.
- Press ‘Ctrl + F’ and type your name and roll number
- Check your score and qualifying status
SSC CHSL 2019 Expected Cut Off
Candidates must obtain equal or more than the cutoff marks in order to qualify in the exam. Candidates who belong to reserved category can get relaxation in cut off marks as compared to general category candidates.
The expected cut-off for Tier 1 of SSC CHSL 2019 are given below:
|Category||SSC CHSL 2019 Expected Cut off Marks|
SSC CHSL 2019 Selection Process
SSC CHSL 2019 Selection Process is based on the result of all the three tiers. Candidates need to qualify each tier to appear in the subsequent tier. The final selection list is prepared by shortlisting applicants on the basis of their cumulative performance across the first two tiers. Tier 3 which is skill based test is the final stage to ensure that candidate possess required skills.
Candidates will be allotted to the various departments for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerks on the basis of their merit and preference of post.
Resolution of Tie Cases: Tie cases will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another till the tie is resolved.
i. Total marks in Tier 1+Tier 2.
ii. Total marks in Tier 2 Examination.
iii. Total marks in Tier 1 Examination.
iv. Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
v. Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
Candidates also need to undergo a document verification procedure after clearing all the tiers for final appointment. Candidates failiing to fullfil the eligibility criteria are automatically dropped from the final selection list.